200 Hour Program
Imagine yourself teaching a yoga class. You move around the room with confidence, giving each student individual attention and guidance. If you’ve never taught yoga before, you can’t imagine how rewarding it can be. There’s nothing that quite matches the good feeling of helping another human being live a happy, healthy, pain-free life.
“Purna” means whole and complete. Alive and Shine Center owners Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri founded The College of Purna Yoga with one initial purpose: to create the best-trained yoga teachers anywhere. They spent a lifetime putting together a complete system that lets you truly live yoga, so you can bring out your inner intuition and wisdom.
The 200 Hour course in the College of Purna Yoga helps you elevate your yoga practice to the next level – whether you want to teach yoga or not. No other training brings together all the aspects of yoga.
Our holistic curriculum has two main components:
- The technical knowledge on how to teach yoga (asana) that is safe, alignment based, effective, transformational, and accessible to all body types, through advanced anatomy education. Uniquely learn:
- Alignment-based asana including actions, alignment, contraindications, prop use, and more
- Specific series and flow sequences
- Heartfull Meditation™ and Lifestyle
- Fundamentals of teaching, including speech, class control, safety, and more
- Study of subtle energies of the body
- Detailed anatomy
- Ancient yogic philosophy
- The power of love
- The lifestyle that supports your purpose. Purna Yoga shares that our purpose is to be truly alive and to shine. Therefore, we don’t just teach you how to teach yoga, you learn to live it. We teach Heartfull life techniques with ways to build the lifestyle that helps you open your heart and live your purpose.
Learn how to teach yoga that relieves stress, is safe, effective, transformative, and accessible to all body types. Deepen your own spiritual connection so you live more in your body, focus your mind, and teach from the heart. The College of Purna Yoga provides in-depth, detailed instruction, from a dedicated lineage, with proven results. Our graduates are known for their integrity, expertise, professionalism, attention to safety and genuine care.
Emerge from the 200 hour with:
- A new-found love for your practice and appreciation for the many gifts it offers.
- The aspiration to connect to your highest wisdom so you can feel and be more alive.
- An over 300 page manual by Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri – a resource to serve you for a lifetime!
- The confidence and knowledge to teach a variety of safe, inspirational yoga classes.
Even if you don’t think you want to be a yoga teacher, we invite you to discover the difference between yoga of the mind, and the Purna Yoga approach to yoga from the heart.