500 Hour Program
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
Aadil Palkhivala and Savitri founded the College of Purna Yoga with one purpose, to create the best-trained professional yoga teachers on the planet:
- Teachers with integrity, who are sincerely loving, kind and caring.
- Teachers who have a detailed knowledge of asana, how to keep the body safe, and the mechanics of the human body.
- Teachers with a deep desire to always grow, learn and improve themselves.
- Teachers who live from their heart.
- Teachers who want to fully live their purpose, come alive, and shine!
Is this the teacher you long to be?
The Purna Yoga 500 Hour Level offers aspiring yoga professionals a deeper understanding of the fundamentals of teaching asana, meditation and abundant living. This intermediate level course builds upon the foundation you received in your 200 Hour Training, giving you more information, tools and knowledge you can use to help your students and blossom your career. The 500 Hour Level also helps you establish a lifestyle of integrity and a commitment to coming alive and shining!
In this training, expectations are higher than other levels of training, and living yoga is the goal. You will gain deep technical knowledge on how to teach safe yoga that inspires your students. The backbone of this program is the incredible depth of knowledge that our teachers offer, based on 40+ years of training teachers.
Gain mastery in the four Pillars of Purna Yoga:
- Asana and Breath
- Heartfull Meditation
- Applied Philosophy
- Nutrition and Lifestyle
Plus, learn essentials for a yoga professional:
- Alignment, Safety, and Contraindications in Asana
- Yoga Therapeutics – a high-demand specialty
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Ethics and Living with Integrity
- Business and Holistic Marketing
- How to bring out the gifts and authenticity of the True You.
You will also focus on your own spiritual connection and intuition as a teacher, empowering you to teach yoga from the heart instead of from the head. Learn these essential qualities with Savitri’s Heartfull Meditation™, lifestyle and philosophy, and years of wisdom:
- Confidence and leadership free of ego
- The intuition to guide your students
- An understanding of your role in healing
- Joyful self-expression and purpose
- Authentic caring for your students
- An unlimited energy source – Light – which is a powerful upgrade from prana or chi
Be trained by True Yoga Masters, from a dedicated lineage.
Aadil Palkhivala is a Master Teacher Trainer and is recognized as one of the world’s leading yoga luminaries and innovators. Dubbed the “teacher of teachers,” he has trained most of the top teachers in the yoga world today. His unique teaching style enlivens a deep wealth of knowledge with melodious instructions, recitations of poetry, philosophical insights, and in-the-moment humor. Aadil was born and raised in India, and draws upon a true yoga lineage: he began the study of yoga with B.K.S. Iyengar at the age of 7 and was introduced to the Integral Yoga of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother at the age of 10. Aadil has been training yoga teachers in India, Europe and the United States for over 40 years.
Savitri, renowned Meditation Master, began her journey as a young woman praying for truth and understanding for the incomprehensible events of her life. She was born in India and grew up in Bombay until the age of 7. When she was 11 she had a serious head injury, as a teenager she suddenly lost both her parents in a devastating plane crash, and few years later she experienced the shocking murder of her sister. These events led to life-threatening illnesses and several near-death experiences. Through sincere prayer and over 30 years of intense personal practice, Savitri healed her personal tragedies and illnesses, helping thousands of students and teachers do the same. Her loving demeanor and undeniable integrity is felt by those who study with her. Savitri is the founder and creator of Heartfull Meditation™ and has been teaching for over 30 years.